Friday, July 20, 2012

A kiss is worth a thousand...


words, isn't it? If you completed this sentence so, you're probably recalling the well known quote a picture is worth a thousand words - and it is indeed! However I would rather complete the sentence with pick-up lines.
“A kiss is worth a thousand pick-up lines”
I was in a party last week and I shortly contacted a small group. A little while later one of the girls from this group was talking to someone and it seems he was interested on her and trying few pick-up lines to impress her. On the other hand, she was trying to get rid of him. Common situation.

Shortly after I was walking by when she, pointing to me, asked to the bloke: “have you already met my boyfriend?”. He didn't really believed what she just make out and instantly replied “No! I cannot believe that...” to late. She kissed me instead; looked back to him and added “sorry, were you saying anything?”

Such thing doesn't happen everyday. It was indeed a nice surprise, but it didn't go on. Talking about pick-up lines, I would like to share one of my favourites:

Boy: I'm sorry, were you talking to me?
Girl: No.
Boy: Well then, please start.

It doesn't really matter how you start; how you draw the attention from someone you are interested; what you say; as long you do something. It reminds me one frame of the film P.S. I Love You (2007) where a women was quite straight to meet new guys. For instance, a standard dialog:

Girl: Hi.
Boy: Hi.
Girl: I like your smile [or anything else].
Boy: Thanks!
Girl: Are you single?
Boy: Yes.
Girl: Are you gay?
Boy: No.
Girl: Are you working [or studying]?
Boy: Yes.
Girl: [without saying a word, she starts kissing him]

If one of the previous answers was not exactly what you're looking for, just say "okay" and move on, look for next one.

I really like get known new people, who knows me better can tell it. It is all about how to break the ice and give the first - good - impression. 

Next party you can try this one – it should work either if you get a “yes” or “no”:

Boy: Do you wanna see me kissing you?
Girl: No!
Boy: Then close your eyes.

I will close this post with four more pick-up lines that I collect from the internet. It may be useful in some situation. Please, feel free to complete this list and add your favorite ones!!!

  1. Do you believe in love at first sight? Or should I walk by again?
  2. Hey I just realized this, but you look a lot like my next girlfriend.
  3. You got something on your chest: my eyes.
  4. Are your pants on discount? Because if you were at my house they would be a 100% off!

No comments: