Friday, July 20, 2012

Two on the same day

It has been almost a week that I arrived in Chemnitz and I promised telling a little bit about my first days here.


During the past last days in Germany, apart of Germans trying to be so complicated, it was easy to get to my new "home". I should be clear about the term "being complicated", because I mean it.

Whenever everyone in the entire world tries to get ride - away - from bureaucracy, they like it. Follow me:

  1. there is one secretary for single rooms;
  2. other for shared flats;
  3. other person for payment;
  4. another one to get your key;
  5. actually, a different person for each building;
I just listed few employs that I had to talk in order to get in my room's key. Despite of their working time, each one has a very specific one, they are straightforward. For instance, if you want to get your keys the Hausmeister (janitor) is in the office from 12:30-13:30. If can't make it "please, book a hotel room and come tomorrow", quoting the secretary.

To make a long story short, a friend help me out and finally I got the key. By now I am already on the way to my new room - unfortunately.

Do you know that good felling of arriving at home, after a long - and very hot - traveling day, changing trains and so forth? Then add the bureaucracy part. What I wanted was just to take a shower and lay down a bit LONG while. 

I forgot telling how my room was: a single room with shared tiny kitchen and bathroom. Now you are about to imagine the worst nightmare: the flatmate! Everything that I had in mind was just a flushed in a second. The guy was sitting and playing video-game... food all around the room, chips, pasta, sodas... cigarets and a terrible smell were part of the scene. I will not even wast your time describing how the toilet looked like, forget it. Hopefully he will never read this blog =)

After an hour walking around, I was looking forward to share a tree with a dog - definitely better then the toilet that I was supposed to use - I arrived back home and try to get some sleep.

Next morning I went to my office, met a friend, find internet... and then I went straight to the student accommodation's office. You can't really imagine how was to be thrown from one side to the other. One secretary for complaining, other to cancel my contract. Then, another one to offer a new place - actually no more rooms available - nice. Officially I don't have a place for stay. So, I ended up with some option: a room in a flat shared.

At least, but not last, I got the following offer: there is a shared flat with 6 rooms, 2 bathrooms and 1 big kitchen/leaving room. She recommend "there are only the girls there, if I were you, I would take it. You would have plenty of space until some more students move in. Moreover, THE TWO girls like to walk around wearing only underwear". Sorry, I guess I added a little more then I should - forget the last sentence.

So the bureaucracy went on... visiting the new flat, making a new contract, new deposit, new payment, new keys... ow gosh! After few hours working in this matter I could finally move in. Now I got a room, but no internet.

I hope you enjoyed the story of how I  got THE TWO accommodations on the same day... only the two.

No comments: